No products were found matching your selection.
The Kopenhagen Classic Gents bike is not only beautiful, it’s practical too!
- Enclosing the gears protects you and your bicycle from all types of weather, hence they involve much lower maintenance than the derailleur systems found on most bikes. Another advantage of internal gears is that they are very simple on the outside and come with a chain guard. This is a much cleaner option allowing you to ride in any clothing you choose rather than having to wear specialist cycle gear. Shimano Nexus gears are internal and available in 1, 3 and 7 speed. The 7 gear bikes have an option of either pedal brakes or handlebar brakes. This is another unique characteristic feature of the Kopenhagen Classic Gents’ cycle. Our flexibility in equipping bicycles with either freewheel/drum brake hubs which are popular worldwide, or coaster brakes/pedal brake hubs which are predominantly associated with Dutch-style bicycles from Holland, Northern Europe, and Scandinavia. In the beginning, Dutch-style bikes were ‘born’ with coaster brakes/pedal brake hubs because at that time they were the predominant style of bike in Holland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway – these countries all used this coaster brake/pedal brake system only. The sit-up-and-beg style bicycles have recently increased in popularity all over the world; however, these markets are not used to coaster brakes/pedal brakes. Therefore the Dutch style bicycle has evolved to also include freewheel internal gear hubs with drum or roller brake systems. Since Velorbis caters for all markets, we have decided to offer our range of bicycles with both brake system options.
- Depending on what you generally need to carry, there are luggage options of Danish made steel rear carrier with bag hook, exclusive front wooden tray, wooden crate (shallow or deep) or different baskets so your shopping, briefcase or gym kit can be carried with ease.
- A chain cover and leather mud flaps mean you arrive at your destination free from splashes, oil or dirt from the road.
- The Kopenhagen Classic is compatible with a Yepp child seat to carry the little one with you.
- The double kick-stand in optional black or silver gives your bike extra stability when parked.
Urban cycling isn’t without it’s dangers so you’ll be happy to see these important safety features on our Kopenhagen Classic Gents bike:
- The upright seating position gives you a great view of your surroundings and the other traffic on the road.
- The bike comes with the option of either a strong battery powered LED reto lamp set or internal dynamo powered front and back lights with LED and built-in parking lights, that ensure the light is on even when the bicycle is stopped at a red light.
- A Ding Dong bell is included and can be coloured to whatever shade you desire.
- The bike comes with an Axa Solid integrated frame lock with 2 keys.
Not all of our lives are the same and some of us might need a few extras. Here are just some of the possibilities.
- Make your bike a mobile billboard by adding a logo ad plate above the back wheel or in the very centre of the bike frame.
Choose the right model
The Kopenhagen Classic Gents is one of our most popular bikes but is it right for you? See how it compares to others:
- If you want a bit more speed, maybe look at the Arrow Sport Gents bike. Instead of the upright handlebars, it has the forward-leaning sporty ones and the tyres are ultra-thin 28cm wide to give less traction. The Brooks leather saddle option is the racer model that is specially designed for the different riding position. To keep the bike light, a single kickstand is used.
- Is the journey to work over a rather bumpy road or do you enjoy leisure biking on unpaved country tracks? If so, then maybe your best option is the Kopenhagen Balloon bike – similar in most aspects to the Kopenhagen Classic but with the distinctive 60 mm wide tyres that will make you float across even the most uneven roads.